Risk Management is the identification and valuation of the uncertainties and contingencies involved in a project – both positive and negative – and the subsequent calculation and control of their impact on the project.
Charrette’s competence in Risk Management deliver the project on budget and on time, having identified the risk beforehand. This crucial first step allows projects avoid delays and changes. In our systematic approach we use precise boundaries and are therefore less likely to encounter surprises down the road.
Value Management: An important task is to create a working environment where team members fully co-operate rather than “defend” their design. Distinct understanding of the design process is necessary for this role.
THE BENEFITS OF RISK MANAGEMENT TO OUR CLIENTS
- Determines risks or unforeseen events that might threaten the project’s success
- Helps communication between stakeholders, lessen conflicts, lessen ambiguity and supports consensus in recommendations
- Helps to agree a baseline, scope, schedule, cost and promotes to establish change control mechanism
- Supports configuration management
- Promotes the phased reduction of contingency as risks are managed and avoided